Apr 9, 2012

No 66 - Network

Su's Review- 6.1

After a year-long hiatus we’re back and our first movie off our list was “Network.” In my head I thought it was “Up Close and Personal” with Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Redford. It was less rom-com than social commentary focusing on the exploitation of what’s hot by money conscious executives.

The movie went on far after its points were made leaving a good 30 minutes of film that should have been left on the proverbial cutting room floor. I disliked the character plot between Dunaway and Peter Finch, him leaving his wife for her and ending up back with her after a long drawn out affair that gave nothing to the film. The best part of the film lasted a few minutes when the terrorist a la Patty Hearst was less concerned with power to the people than ratings.

I think this movie is worth seeing but I'd probably be doing something else while watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment